Cardinal Carryor and Cardinal Integrated Systems are taking every precaution to educate our employees on the proper policies and procedures for containing the Coronavirus.
We have distributed educational materials to our employees from our Insurance Company, CDC, and the WHO. We have posted notices in our offices and on our employee portal as well as holding tool box meetings. Educational communiques will be distributed timely until the risk has passed.
We are tasking employees to do the following per CDC and other recommendations:
- Employees who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness are to stay home and not come to work until they are free of fever (100.4° F [37.8° C] or greater using an oral thermometer), signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants). Employees should notify their direct supervisor and stay home if they are sick. Sick time will not be charged to employees who miss work due to the virus.
- If an employee becomes sick with a fever or symptoms while at work, they are to contact their direct supervisor immediately and go home. Medical treatment should be sought per CDC distributed guidelines.
- Routinely clean your workspace area and frequently touched surfaces.
- Handwashing and other Hygiene practices should be followed per guidelines in our communications. This provides for extra cleaning of our facility.
- A direct supervisor is to be immediately contacted if an employee or someone in their immediate family/household is diagnosed with Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Provisions have been made for employees to work from home as necessary.
- All travel has been suspended unless pre-approved and only when absolutely necessary.
We will continue to monitor information from the Center for Disease Control and World Health Organization and update our policy daily or as needed.